Friday, October 05, 2007

The Buttercup Bake Shop Cook Book...


This is the lovliest little bakery. I just adored it. I just returned last night from NYC and this is one of the places that Jenni recommended (she planned my trip). I had the most marvelous time, and eating a German Chocolate Cupcake here was one of the many fun highlights of my very quick trip to New York. See The Buttercup Bake Shop site here. Jenni also recommended that we visit The Fairway Market, which was amazing. Inside there is a tiny, but delightful bakery where you can buy many lovely things, but I purchased a pecan pie square that has to be one of the most delicious treats I've ever tasted. We also visited Zabar's on The Upper West Side famous for their black and white cookies.. and much, much more.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How yummy! It seems Jenni should be the cupcake queen!

jess said...

I've heard of this bakery before but I've never been. I'll have to get the recipe book! Sounds like you had a fun trip...

Amy said...

What a fun re-cap of your trip! I like that little blue cupcake w/ sprinkles the best. YUMMY.

jamieanne said...

I'm not in love with Buttercup, but when I o go there, German Chocolate is the only way to go.

Love love love Zabars. And Fairway is classic NY.

alyson. said...

mmm... those cupcakes look delightful.