Monday, April 16, 2007

Granny Chic Movie of the Week...


Of all of my favorite old time movie actressess, Jean Arthur is dear to my heart. Smart and funny, she could play every emotion and was darn cute in the bargain. She had a thirty year career and played in dozens of films another of which is the classic, You Can't Take it With You, with James Stewart.
We watched The More the Merrier for the first time over the weekend and it was an instant new favorite.
Jean Arthur plays an attractive, single professional living in Washington D.C. during a severe housing shortage. She decides it is her patriotic duty to rent out half of her apartment to an aging millionaire who makes himself a marvelous roomate by deciding that she is a cute girl who should be married. The millionaire, played by a darling Charles Coburn, decides to rent out half of his half of the apartment to a handsome military officer on his way to fight in North Africa.
Don't miss this one, it's so fun!

2 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I can hear Jean's voice in my head right now. I'm an auditory thinker, and I have a good memory for sounds :)

Mo said...

old movies are lame...