Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Harry Potter...

We finally finished the whole series last night. I feel like someone should give me an award. I loved books 1-3 (you know.. the short ones). I am not a series person, with the exception of Jan Karon's Mitford series, which I adore, I have a difficult time if a series is longer than 3-4 book and usually move on.
And, Rowling can write teens. If they did one more bit of whining.. I was going to send them all to time out! But, the ending was great and c is really happy with me for sticking it out (I didn't whine) and it all goes back to the library today! Hooray!

8 comments:

Elisa said...

I love Harry Potter! JK Rowling is a brilliant writer. Once you have read the entire series, you have to re-read the entire thing again... its amazing to see all the foreshadowing that Rowling does. My step-mil is the dean of literature at a university in Illinois... they are starting to teach Harry at University's now because of how brilliantly she writes.

I also hate series... but this one is a keeper!

Michelle said...

Good for you! You did it! I still think the last book was one of the best books I read last year although it was HUGE!

Michelle said...

Good for you! You did it! I still think the last book was one of the best books I read last year although it was HUGE!

Allysha said...

love Harry. might re-read him this summer. The last book was really great.

Amy said...

They did do a lot of whining in that last book, but I probably would have too, given the age and circumstances of the characters. Oh, I do love Harry Potter. To re-read them is like visiting a friend.

Circe said...

Congrats! That is no small task. We're still working on the Little House books.

SSWS said...

I'm not so sure we are ready for Harry Potter yet.....some of the books seem a little dark. We can discuss this later. I think I need to determine the right age. Good for you!! and little c!

allison said...

Wow...that's really quite an accomplishment! Good for you to stick with it until the end.