Friday, March 28, 2008

SLC Restaurants...

I get in a restaurant rut sometimes. I asked my very organized friend Jenneece for a list of a few new places to try. Some of these places are old favorites, but most of them I haven't yet tried. Since many of you live in the greater SLC area.. or show up here occasionally... I thought I would share. Bon Appetit!

Cannellas-Italian, Best known for their lunch salad with sausage-never been yet
Tiberon-Located in Sandy area, American food, never been yet, comes highly recommended
Tuscany-Italian/American food, pricey but great atmosphere especially in the summer
Epic-sister restaurant of Tiberon, located in Holiday area, really good food
Al Fornos-Italian, great brochette, moderately priced
Faustina's-Italian, good food, priced well
258-Ogden-
Luganos-Italian, everyone that has gone here said it is great
Rivers-American
Bayou-Southern
Lemon Grass-Thai/Asian, heard great things about it for dinner
Tin Angel-
Café Trio-Lunch, heard great things about it for lunch
Stoneground-Italian, good food, very relaxed atmosphere and good prices
Tres Hombres

To this list.. I'll add a few of my tried and true favorites..

The Dodo
Hires Big H
Market Street Grill
The Garden
The Lion House Cafe
The Red Iguana
The Rio Grand Cafe
The Avenues Bakery
Les Madeleines - just treats
Ruth's Diner
Mrs. Backer's Pasty Shop
Bakers De Normandie
Z Tejas

What are your favorites?

10 comments:

Jan said...

Nice. I have to make a trip there to eat. I love SLC.

Michelle said...

I knew more on your list than Jennece's. I want a Hires hamburger and dessert from the dodo right now!

Shauna said...

Perfect list for my upcoming visit to SLC....we have many of the same favorites!!!!

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Lots of info. if I ever visit. Now the beans blog is funny and informative too LOL. Just wanted to say Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and wanted to invite you back. I am having a give-away in honor of my grand opening. All you have to do is leave a comment in the "Friends are like Flowers". Have a great day.

Amy said...

Normandie Cafe (bakery in Holladay)?

I've eaten at Tiburon - very tasty, but it was quite expensive (for me, anyway). Lovely atmosphere and wonderful service!

Leigh said...

I can't add to your list, but you sure made me hungry!

Love that last post about the mustard!

love.boxes said...

Thank you Amy! That was starting to drive me nuts! I'm losing it!!

noodle and lou said...

yummm...I'm starving! I'll be right over;)

Janice said...

You are such a woman after my own heart! I also love Costa Vida, Barbacoa, the Deli at Thanksgiving Pointe, Zupas, Market Street Grill (actually anything in the Gastronomy collection), The Porcupine Grill, The Asian Star and there is some great Israeli restaurant on about 9th and 9th.

kelly said...

i can't wait to hit up some of these next time we are in town. we always get stuck going to the same old places. i will always love hire's, but i don't need to eat there every meal of the day!