Saturday, March 29, 2008

Flowers & Favors..

Alicia's shower was so fun I'll show you ... these turned into
... these..
My mom made these.. chocolates in lovely Carolyn Roehm paper quilted boxes.
My sister to a photo of an arrangment like this to our local flourist and he made this lovely spring arrangement for our party.
We all brought flowers and put them everywhere. I didn't take too many photos though. I should have taken photos of our cookie table. My sister-in-law Brynn has promised that she will share her marvelous lemon bar recipe.. with lovely white chocolate.. We had Marta's Spinach Quiche
10 oz. pkg. Frozen Spinach (let thaw in fridge for a day)
5 Eggs, beaten well
8 oz. carton small curd Cottage Cheese
2 cups grated combination Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses
1/8 cup dried or chopped Onion
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground Black Pepper
9 inch deep dish unbaked pie shell (in the frozen foods aisle)
Preheat oven to 375°. Drain thawed spinach in colander, pressing with paper towels to remove all liquid. In large bowl of mixer, combine eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, 2 cups grated cheese, onion, salt, and pepper. Beat to blend and pour into unbaked pie shell. (At this point, quiche can be refrigerated overnight.) Bake 50-60 minutes. Let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting. Cut into wedges and serve warm.Yield: 6-8 servings.
Thank you Marta! I've used this recipe about 4 times already. :)
We had a really lovely time. So many of our favorite ladies came. c and her cousin were so wonderful to help greeting the guests and they looked so cute in their spring colors.
My sister Christine's home looked so pretty and she had her new yellow room finished just in time.. Why, why did I not take more pictures. Well.. it was so fun. Thank you everyone for coming! We had a wonderful time!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh so beautiful! I have always known that you get your flair for details from your mom! It looks so bright and pretty and springy! I am so glad everyone had a great time. Love that little bird nest too!

Circe said...

Oh my gosh! I will totally attempt to coly all of your ideas at my next soiree. Everything was absolutely gorgeous! I hope all in attendance appreciated that they were in the company of creative genius!

Shauna said...

This looks so fun and festive!!! I love the colors. Spring and all the flowers...what a perfect time for a shower and wedding!!! Enjoy!

Jan said...

Show us how to make the boxes. Those are so cute. I could really use them for a lot of things. Everything was so cute and well done. I love the ticket idea for tags too. Have a great time over there.

Elisa said...

This is me... speechless again. Your party looks like it was amazing! Love the colors and fun, festive bags you gave out! Those quilted boxes are wonderful... how on earth are they made??

Rach said...

We are sorry we couldn't make it. It is fun to be with Jo but we only get 4 days then off to her base in Florida. Hope everyone enjoyed the time there and looks like as usual everything was lovely and yummy!

kelly said...

it's all so pretty! it looks like a wonderful shower! marta's dish is oh so yummy! i'm totally jealous.

allison said...

So colorful...I love it! I love the little goody bags and the boxes of chocolates. You're quite the party-planner! I know what you mean about not taking photos...I always have good intentions at parties, but it hardly ever happens.

blah said...

Oh tiffany - those boxes look so cute! - Now I know you me AND your mum have similar tastes :-)

jess said...

Everything looks beautiful!

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

word to the wise: don't eat a whole bag of spinach in one sitting. Stephen used to do it all the time, so I thought it can't be so bad. EW. All things in moderation, even spinach.