Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Redneck Cookbook...

I was going to write this post and propose the idea of my one day composing a Redneck Cookbook, but what do you know ... it's been done!
The Redneck Cookbook: 165 Mighty Fine Fixin's and Other Things to Get Down Your Gullet..
has already been published. Oh well. You still get my recipe for tuna fish. I love a good tuna sandwich. I'm sorry these pictures look like the nasty food in Napolean Dynamite... I only had flouresant lighting in the kitchen by the dinner hour yesterday.. although we are happily gaining daylight every day.

So, I start with 2 cans of good albacore tuna, good mayo (I like Helleman's), two stalks of celery finely chopped, 1 stalk of green onion, very heaping tablespoons of sweet and dill relish.. or more, some tomatoe slices and a dash of pepper and sea salt.

What is your favorite ingredient? Or do you loathe tuna? Or do you love it on rye... yum!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Our "Sunday meal" is tuna fish sandwiches. Our recipe is quite different: three cans of tuna (because there are six of us) light mayo (like you I like Hellmans), dill pickles finely chopped, and chedder cheese cut into small cubes. Salt and pepper (fresh ground) to taste. I make a ton of sandwiches, pile them on one plate in the center of the table. I make my kids eat at least three baby carrots along with it. We eat it on Grandma Sycamore's white bread.

Michelle said...

I am a pickle person too. Have to have them on top of the tuna which has been mixed with light mayo. This is one of those foods that if I think about it too much(pickles and fish?), it will gross me out. But that is how I grew up having it and it has stuck I guess. Funny, I was just thinking of having tuna for lunch!

Jessica said...

The most recent way I really enjoyed eating tuna-

Tuna packed in olive oil, drained
Balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
Minced shallot
Grated Parmesan, just a little bit

Stuff in a pita pocket with baby spinach leaves. Delish!