Friday, October 12, 2007

Pantry Woes...

Above is the before shot of my pantry before I cleaned it out the other night in desperation. I have to look at it so much that its total lack of order makes me feel like my life is out of control. I want all my closets to look like Real Simple magazine, but they never do... ever.
I like how I wrangled the paper and plastic supplies in these cool crome bins that I purchased at K-Mart. But the rest of it looks pretty much the same.
I guess we eat a lot of cereal and chips around here. Any suggestions, brilliant tips available on the pantry front?

6 comments:

allison said...

I use tall rectangular or tall square clear containers. Either from The Container Store or Tupperware. I use them to hold chips, pretzels, crackers, cookies. Well, I use small ones for cookies and crackers. My point is that I get rid of the bags and packaging and use only sturdy containers that stack on each other. Your cleaned up pantry looks good!

love.boxes said...

Alli, that sounds wonderful! I bet it looks really pretty.

Shauna said...

For bags like chips, etc. I use the rubbermaid dishpan tubs. They bring order to my pantry and are sturdy.

Gina said...

I think you have a good start there. I'd like the Real Simple look as well! I think the idea of uniform containers for your snacks is a great one. You could stack them, and it would look quite nice and organized.

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi! I have just found your blog and was laughing about the pantry woes!! I am very 'into' my pantry so am addicted to Tupperware! I started out buying a piece or two, and before I knew it, I had a house full of the stuff! I did a post on it the other month...
http://littlelalas.blogspot.com/2007/09/tupperware-motorbikes.html

Have a great day!

Jessica said...

I feel your pain Tiffany. Our small apartment pantry is so difficult to keep organized, even after I bought some supplies from the Container Store.