Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Lost Prince...




When I rented this I thought that it was something else. Hooray! the BBC has made a film of Frances Hodgson Burnett's (best book in my opinion) The Lost Prince... Nope. You'll have to read it still as far as I know. This Lost Prince is about the family of George V and their sweet son Johnnie who is shut away from the public and largely from the family because he suffers from epileptic fits, which is considered disgraceful. Johnnie is raised by his devoted nurse Lalla, played by the brilliant Gina McKee. The year is 1910 and Europe is broiling in the lead up to WW1. This is a really great program... not to be missed.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I saw part of it on pbs,it was really good, I will have to get the dvd and watch the whole thing.