Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bernese Mountain Dog...


I'm not ever getting a dog... A .. Aaahaah CHoooOOO!!! I'm allergic. But, if I wasn't... I would get this dog. He's a Bernese Mountain Dog. Cute, don't you think? The problem with these dogs as I have learned (I think this is a problem with a lot of dogs) is that they are breed to be working animals. These dogs pulled heavy milk carts and worked as rescue dogs. They do not want to sit in a run and be ignored... My dad's Collie got walked 3-4 times a day and some family members (mom) still had dog run guilt. I can't do it. I know that I would never walk the dog and that walking therefore would not happen. So, I admire them from afar, (a very far.. I'm a bit terrified too). Little c is getting the stuffie version for her birthday. I hope she'll like it and I hope she doesn't faint from the lack of real dog. I wonder some times.

10 comments:

Rach said...

He is very cute, but I think he gets big and you don't really want big. My doggie is about as hypoallergenic and dogs can get (that is why I got him cause I am very allergic)

Michelle said...

He is very cute, you give little c lots of other things that will last longer than a dog.

love.boxes said...

Thanks Michelle.. that was really nice to say that. :)

love.boxes said...

Rach.. we have the same cute sneezy relative!

Anonymous said...

hi i am Czech and can i use this photo in internet please? answer me to my email aneta.stefl@seznam.cz

love.boxes said...

You can as far as I'm concerned, but it's not my photo to give permission. It came from a site about this breed and I don't even remember where. Good luck! & Best Wishes.. :)

Daniella said...

that is the sweetest thing ever!!!! i have a shi-tzu that has non allergenic furr and i love her toomuch!!!!!!!! get a dog thats hypoallergenic! you wont regret it!

Anonymous said...

You will never regret getting this dog. Yes, he has to be walked. You have to be walked too. Brush him out a few times a week. Your allergies, if you have any, will adjust. You will never have a dog that loves you more or vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Well you cant be allergic to The Bernese Mountain Dog because they are hypo allergenic any person can be near or pet or have a Bernese Mountain Dog

Chris said...

These are great dogs, and they are great with kids. They do need to be walked, but to the extent you think. If you give them one good long walk a day, they're good. They actually love being around people in the house, very family oriented animals. You have to pick the breeder carefully though, because of inbreeding and mills in europe, these dogs get cancer more frequently than other breeds, but if you go to a reliable breeder who can trace the family lineage, you should be fine.