Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Patriotic Dad...


This is the gift for the Patriotic Dad... These are ready to go. I have nine, 2 that are plain and seven that are decorated up like the top one. If you want one personalized... let me know by Friday before the varnish goes on...
Looking through some patriotic quotes.. here are a few that I really like...
Liberty can no more exist without virtue and independence than the body can live and move without a soul. ~John Adams
Righteousness exalteth a nation. Proverbs 14:34
It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God and to obey His will. George Washington
We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it. ~William Faulkner
Freedom lies in being bold. ~Robert Frost
None of these quotes are my very favorites though. I can't seem to find some of them. Does anyone remember a really beautiful quote that Dick Cheney used in one of his speeches (it made the news that he quoted a liberal), but it was this beautiful quote that talks about the "dream of America" and "stars in the sky" something like that, very lyrical? I'd love that one for my collection if anyone has a clue what I'm blabbering about.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loveboxes,

I love searching for these kind of things. The closest thing I could find was this link to a speech that Pres. Bush gave to the RNC. Check out the 2nd to last paragraph. Is that it?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/02/politics/main640596.shtml

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I'm not sure if that link will paste over. Here's the quote:

"To everything we know there is a season — a time for sadness, a time for struggle, a time for rebuilding. And now we have reached a time for hope. This young century will be liberty's century. By promoting liberty abroad, we will build a safer world. By encouraging liberty at home, we will build a more hopeful America. Like generations before us, we have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom. This is the everlasting dream of America — and tonight, in this place, that dream is renewed. Now we go forward — grateful for our freedom, faithful to our cause, and confident in the future of the greatest nation on earth."

love.boxes said...

Amy, that is actually not the quote I was looking for, but I truly love it and will love having it in for my collection.

I love this: ...we have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom...

Thanks so much!

Shauna said...

I remember that quote, also(I mean the one Amy gave). Here is a quote question.... do you have a system for organizing the quotes you collect so you are able to retrieve them with ease?

love.boxes said...

Shauna, sadly no. I am not an organized person at all. I have a piling system which is really a system for making a mess, losing stuff and getting a headache. I depend a lot on my memory and google which almost failed me today, but after a long and nearly failed search... I found the quote! Hooray!

love.boxes said...

Bonus though... Amy did get me a new quote for my collection! :) So that's happy and hers is every bit as good as the one I was looking for.

Shelese said...

"I have a piling system"... LOL!!! I love it. Me too! :)

Janice said...

I plan on buying one of these. Let me know when you put them in the store.

Anonymous said...

Those particular boxes are just lovely. I love the detail!

Cherry xx