Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chicago Peace Rose... Quotes...

Be faithful in the little practices of love which will build in you the life of holiness and make you Christlike. ~Mother Teresa
The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were not limitations to overcome. The hilltop would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse. ~Helen Keller
Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light. ~Theodore Roethke
This rose bloomed in my garden yesterday. It seems so early for the roses, but it's been very warm and so here they are.
(photo. copyrighted 2007)

7 comments:

allison said...

That rose is gorgeous! It looks so big and full. You must have flowers all around your yard...how pretty!

love.boxes said...

That's what I'm trying for... I want a granny garden filled with flowers and color! :)

Shauna said...

Gorgeous! Is this rose featured in your card collection?

Monkey Giggles said...

I wish my computer had a smell-o-meter. So I could smell this beauty. I am trying for the granny garden too. I love the cottage garden look. I am not a perfect landscaper.

love.boxes said...

probably in the summer collection.. :)

Michelle said...

So pretty! How lucky are you, my roses haven't started yet!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I love the Peace rose (not Chicago) that has some apricot in it. I love how pink turns into the peach colour so gradually that you can't tell when it happened....like a sunset :)