Monday, April 09, 2007

Mitford...

Sadly, I am coming to the end of this series. I will go into mourning when I have finished the last book.
Jan Karon said that she wrote these books so that her readers would have an extended family. Well, I have family out my ears, I'm from Utah... hello?!? However, I would adopt a few of these characters into my real family if it were possible. I am, ofcourse, reading these books on tape and John McDonough has done a wonderful job bringing these characters to life. He is brilliant! Father Timothy Cavanagh has become like a favorite friend that I look forward to hearing from everyday as I paint my little boxes. He is the kind of friend who will come when needed, who never pries, is seldom snippy and always forgiving. He loves Wordsworth, flowers, big slobbery dogs, and little children... a really great guy, just the kind of guy you would choose to befriend or befamily. And, there is something he often says that even as I think of it puts a tiny catch in my throat and that is ... "All things will be well and very well." May all things be well and very well with you.... Read these ... or listen... listening is better.

9 comments:

Shauna said...

I love your posts regarding books! Very inspiring. I think your next project should be to write a book about books!!!!

Shauna said...

PS- Great pic of you!

love.boxes said...

Thanks Shauna, that would be a fun project. I like the picture too, little c took that picture of me yesterday. She is the only person who takes good pics of me. :)

Michelle said...

Your blog has gotten pinker and more beautiful! You did it you posted a picture of beautiful you! Love it! Little C may have a career here. and you know how I feel about mitford!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the first book or two in the series. I ended up buying a ton more books but I never did read them. (PS- Have you seen the cookbook? I love it!)

I think I'll have to pick these up again and read the series. I think it might be a good way to pass the time during my pregnancy. :)

Thanks for stopping by my site! :)

Parker @
Divine Domesticity

http://divinedomesticity.herhangout.com/

Anonymous said...

I bought the first one about a year ago. I really should start to read it. I've heard such wonderful things about this series of books.

Cherry xx

Janice said...

I read the whole series when I was pregnant with my first child. I have such fond memories of that time.

Anonymous said...

Wait! You cutie pie you! I am so delighted to get to see you!!!! YIPPEEE!!!! Also, love the green love box, with the heart! I have been ill so I missed it!!! I ADORE it! And you are a doll, just a doll!!!xxo,V

Alicia said...

Tiff! You look so lovely in the picture on the right!