Sunday, October 22, 2006

Granny Chic Outfit of the Week...

I love the old fashioned look of the 3/4 sleeve blouse in the more modern bright kelly green and the waisted look with the wide belt and the darling, ouchy, but darling 30's - 40's black and white shoes. The skirt looks like a modern eyelet pattern and is so feminine and pretty.

It is hard to see in this small photo, but she has her hair in braids pinned up in a crown on her head. My grandma Lydia always wore her hair that way and I thought she looked like a princess.

Don't miss the pretty pink lipstick! And don't you love the fun feathers and beads hair pin? I don't think I could quite pull it off in that size, but maybe a smaller scale item in the same idea would work.

I read that it is a must for Granny Chicers to have a large wide brimmed hat for gardening, which I have. However, other than that all of my hat purchases have been mistakes. I can't pull off the hat thing, I always feel like I'm wearing a Halloween costume. Except for the gardening hat, which is just common sense.

I don't think this guy is looking dapper, he looks like a dope. He needs to see a few Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Gary Cooper movies in order to get his look together. But, isn't she beautiful! I would love to be classic glamour girl like that for just one day.
Best Wishes... Tiffany

2 comments:

Jenni said...

where is this picture from? i am so glad to know all about granny chic because of you.

love.boxes said...

http://www.laweekly.com/general/features/the-maude-squad/12998/

That's the address, the other pics are really great too, except the guy looks like the biggest doof.

But, you knew about Granny Chic before because it's like Anthropologie, Mary Engelbreit, all the new vintage shops around, this is just a good label for it. And, what's great is everyone can pick their favorite decade or, mix and match decades which I think really makes the looks fun