Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kipper My Love part 2...

If you know me at all, you know I'm a big fan of this guy! I am hoping he will have as positive an influence on l as he was for c. I have already ordered up a few more DVDs for our collection, but this will always be my favorite I think... Two years ago I wrote the following, which I still firmly believe...

I love Kipper. What a lovely little dog he is. I am one of those people who feels strongly that media very much influences the behavior of children. I am often disturbed when I see that some children are learning their etiquette from Bart Simpson rather than their parents. I believe in the Eliza Doolittle concept; you are a princess when you behave like one.
This is why I give Kipper videos as baby gifts these days and for birthdays through age 6. Kipper is a prince because he behaves like one. Exposure to Kipper is a wonderful influence on a small child. If your child takes to watching Kipper like mine did, you might find them speaking with a bit of an English accent... but it sounds just lovely especially when they are using words like "please" and "thank-you."


Kipper now has his own site HERE...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I always think of you when I see Kipper!

Jenni said...

and they might say things like,"how do you take your tea?"

Alicia said...

Tif! Thank you so much for the birthday books and pretty clothes for Gloria! Thank you so much! I love them. I just got them and I'm about to head to the airport (in like 20 min.) and I haven't packed for Utah yet because I've just been hanging up all of Gloria's new clothes and looking at the cute pictures and books you sent me. Thank you so much!