Monday, June 02, 2008

Easy, Healthy & Cheap Eats...

I wanted to make a collection of recipes... not fancy recipes because I'm NOT a cook. These are just going to be easy non-time-consuming recipes and they have to meet 2 other criteria so I don't know if I'll be able to add one every week or not. It has to be pretty healthy and cheap because I like to spend my food budget eating out!
This is my version of Pasta Carbonara
White sauce:
1 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon flour 1/8 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper 3/4 cup milk In a small saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 min. more. Makes 3/4 cup ..
Pasta:
Whatever type you like.. cook until done
Veggies:
Also whatever you like. I used sweet petite frozen peas and zucchini and yellow squash chopped up. I put them in a microwave-safe bowl and cook them in the microwave in 1/2 inch water for 4 minutes
Combine everything with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
P.S. Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway below!

6 comments:

Jan said...

That just looks fabulous Tiffany. I am glad that you post some recipes. I am always looking for some new and fresh ideas in the kitchen. This looks easy and very kid friendly. Thanks.

Amy said...

Hooray! Perfect to use the coming summer veggies from the garden. I'm always looking for simple EASY meals with things that I actually HAVE in my cupboards. Thanks so much! I know my kids will LOVE this, which means I'll love it, too!

Michelle said...

That looks yummy!

Janice said...

Wow! Looks awesome.

Michelle said...

Hey, I tagged you, you don't have to play unless you want to!

allison said...

This looks delicious. Cheap eats...love it! Keep 'em comin!