Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Prestige...


I really enjoyed this film. It was recommended to me by a friend some time ago and I finally had some time to watch it last night. I loved some of the costumes.. they were so beautiful that it was almost worth it to watch just for the visual part of the show. The plot is very twisty and interesting and moves right along. It is definitely a plot driven film rather than a character driven film, which is OK because you don't really like the characters that much except maybe the minor characters of the little daughter and the manager who was played brilliantly by Michael Caine.
The film is really about unbridled ambition and revenge as two talented magicians compete to destroy each other.
It's a dark film and it was rated PG-13.. there are several disturbing images of death by drowning, hanging and shooting... so not for children.

3 comments:

Janice said...

My husband and I watched this movie twice and then the commentary because of all of the plot twists and turns. I agree good movie, but not for kids.

Amy said...

This movie wasn't my personal favorite, but my husband LOVED it. Thanks for the reminder. I bet he would love it as a present for Father's Day.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I haven't seen this. I have a "total" thing for Christian Bale....