Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dan In Real Life...


I must be the last person to finally see this movie. I'm not a huge fan of The Office and so I didn't run out to see this film, but it's brilliant! The writing and the acting are perfect. The characters get under your skin, even the minor characters. John Mahoney and Diane Wiest play Dan's parents and they are just so wonderful that you wish you could adopt them. When the family breaks into the morning Jazzercise routine and make that believable, you are officially in love with them all. Dan is hilarious stuck in the "special room" with the dryer that always seems to have someones sneakers banging around in it while he's trying to sleep.
I think this has to be the best romantic comedy written in 10 years. I shouldn't have rented it, I should have just bought it.

12 comments:

Jan said...

I really enjoyed this movie a lot Tiffany. The whole setting was fantastic. I loved his special room as well. His parents were just perfect. And it wasn't littered with to much muck either. Finally.

Michelle said...

I am so glad you review this one, I am not an office fan either so I had no plans to see it. Now I will!

mj said...

We just saw this last week and really enjoyed it. We lived in Rhode Island a few years ago too, so it was fun to see some familiar places. :)

Janice said...

I loved this movie as well. It captured what family fun is all about and what I am always striving for.

Elisa said...

I loved this movie!! Who wouldn't want someone to sing them the song that Dan does in the show?? (me!me!me!)

I think Steve Carell is a brilliant actor. His humor is so subtle and hilarious... and I love his facial expressions!! If I were to be honest, he's my secret crush, thats not so secret anymore. My husband teases me relentlessly about that.

And, I must be totally weird, cause I LOVE The Office.

Shauna said...

LOVE, LOVE this movie. So many truths. Steve Carell was perfect.

jess said...

I really loved this movie too...and Shackleton.

Thanks for commenting about your hedgehog in my post! Great addition...

Shelese said...

I didn't rush out to see this moving either and still haven't seen. I'd better hurry and see it soon. Thanks for posting about it!

allison said...

I'm so glad you wrote about this. I haven't updated my Netflix Queue in awhile and this sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation.

Alicia said...

I agree. We bought it right away.

blah said...

Tiffany , no I am the last one to see it - I haven't even heard o it ( now is that embarrassing or what??)

Missy said...

Wow, I completely agree. I'm glad to find someone out there that liked this movie!! One of my favorite romantic comedies ever.