Saturday, April 19, 2008

Nancy Drew's Blue Car...

People often ask if c likes to paint... well... painting isn't her main gig.. let's just put it that way. She's more into construction.. the bigger the better. This is one of her latest. It takes up a good third of the kitchen table. I can picture c getting into large installation projects much more than my tiny boxes.. she likes art that's big! I'm thrilled that Nancy still has her imagination captured.. As her teacher was walking out of class the other day with 3 large empty donut boxes .. c immediately thought of building a car.. would you think of building a car out of donut boxes? I wouldn't. It's one of the many things that is fun about c. :)

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Great imagination and she even got the right blue!!!! Amazing work, little c.

Michelle said...

I love that! Great car! B is slowling working her way through that series, can't seem to read anything else! We check out other things but it is always Nancy getting her attention. I love that she is creative like you but in her own way!

Circe said...

Love the car! c is amazing. There si no end to her creativity. It's a rare person who can see Nancy Drew's car in a pile of donut boxes!

Amy said...

That's so GREAT! We were totally into The Boxcar Children at her age. My mom would read it aloud to us at night and we couldn't get enough! It's so great to see kids who love books and have imaginations to match. You are so cool, c!

Jan said...

We just got done watching Nancy Drew. So funny because I loved her blue car. This is so creative and fun. I want to eat some donuts and make cars. Yum and fun.
Thanks Tiffany.

Leigh said...

Love the car! Great job C!!!

allison said...

Oooh, I love that she builds things. I sometimes feel guilty for not doing enough painting and coloring with my daughter, but she doesn't really get into it. I don't know if that's just her way or because we don't do it enough. This is a great reminder that painting really isn't for everybody. Thanks.