Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The reason I haven't been around lately...

This was our Relief Society birthday dinner. I almost hate to show the photos because they don't take very well in the gym. The thing about gyms is they are mostly brown with fluorescent lighting and they swallow color right up. But, I think if you were actually there, it felt bright and Springy.
We did give the ladies a nice meal. These little white plates were just for chips and salsa when they first came in.
The long table at the end was so that each of the ladies could bring one thing from home that represented something about themselves. It was fun to see all the things people brought.
We had nine tables and about 63 ladies came, which was really fun because it isn't a good party unless all the friends are there. We had some pretty background music, but we didn't do anything but eat and visit which was so fun.
We had a nice dinner. We had those Chicken Enchiladas (the ones I always mention). You're laughing. I can hear it! It is pathetic that I only know about 5 recipes and that's the best one I have so that's why we used it. Then we had instead of a salad, a big pile of fresh veggies on each plate with broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and celery. And just so you don't think we were going healthy on that... we had Lone Star Steak House Ranch Dressing, which is the best.
It takes so many people to put something like this together. I got counting up how many people had helped last night and I got to about 25 but there may be more. I have lots of notes to write today, which is just fine because I am feeling quite thankful.

12 comments:

Jan said...

That was such a great idea for a RS dinner. It looks so springy and fun. The menu sounds good too. What is your calling Tiffany?

Amy said...

I hear you about the color-swallowing multi-purpose room. I can imagine how pretty it must have looked, though. I wish I could have come to taste your delicious meal - those enchiladas alone are so delicious! Isn't it wonderful when everyone pitches in to make something a success?

Were you by chance in Costco yesterday around noon? You offered your cart to a lady who was coming in? You had on a pink hooded jacket? I've never seen you in person. If it was you, I'm sorry I didn't say HI! :)

Circe said...

You are amazing. The RS is never going to let you go! It looked beautiful, and I love the menu choices!

Michelle said...

It looks so pretty tif! I have decided you just have to focus on the immediate area, the table and make it as pretty as possible. Yours looks so pretty! Isn't it nice to have over?!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Good for you! It's difficult to make a gym look homey, but these tables look very Springy and cheery.

So glad you got the parcel and that you like it! :)

Shauna said...

So Springy!!! Our RS Dinner was last night, also!
I know what you mean about the color in the Cultural Hall.... I cannot stand the photos I take in that room, which seems to be a place I take a lot of photos!!!!!
Thank goodness for many helping hands.

Janice said...

Ours was last night too and everytime I attend one, I am so thankful I am not incharge. And FYI: We had Costco lasagne (which was good but it was till Costco lasagne). I LOVE the Spring colors.

Leigh said...

I have never seen a gym so, well, pretty! Great job!!!

allison said...

The menu sounds delicious. And I'm sure the decorations were so lovely in person...I think they look great in the photos, but I completely understand about the lighting. What a beautiful and pretty Springtime party...well done! Wish I was there.

blah said...

Oh the decorations are so pretty I love the colours !
Very cute header I might add - VERY cute!

SSWS said...

I made your enchiladas!! They were delicious. I have been on the lookout for years for a GREAT enchilada recipe. This is definitely the one. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful talents and recipes!

Val said...

I have loved your beautiful blog-and beautiful spirit--for many months now and am finally saying hello. :) You're a joy to read. 'Hope you're having a great weekend. :)