Monday, March 03, 2008

C.S. Lewis...

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”
I wonder if C.S. Lewis would like the movies that have been made and are going to be made of his books. I liked The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe very much. The Lion is so beautiful. I hope the next one will be as good. C.S.Lewis was an amazing scholar whose wisdom is still a blessing. My friend Liz posted a quote here that she likes and it reminded me of this one that I like.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

lovely photo tif! And nice quote too! I wonder what he would think too.

Elisa said...

C.S. Lewis is my Favorite!! Such a brilliant mind!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous photo and I love the post too!!!

Jan said...

Wow your mind is something else. I love how you inform me of good reads. I need to be better at reading good books.

allison said...

Beautiful photo and quote. Thanks for sharing. I love the new banner!

Michelle said...

Hey, you probably already knew this but Nancy Drew comes out March 11!

Michelle said...

Oh, and I love the new banner too!

Circe said...

Pretty photo! I love your quotes to nourish my mind and your photos to feed my soul.

ellie said...

Beautiful quote. He was an amazing man. I loved "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" when I was little, I wonder how many children tried to get to another place through their wardrobes ? I know I did. My wardrobe now is so full of junk though I don't think I could get through to Narnia !

Cathi said...

Tiffany, Your thoughts on authors and books give them an entirely new light for me. Thank you!!

Shauna said...

CS Lewis has to be one of my favorites of all. This is a beautiful and so true quote!
Gorgeous photo, also!