Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brown Rice...

If it's true that you are what you eat.. then I am made out of Diet Coke and Candy and maybe some Salsa (that's the healthy part).. yep. Not so good. But, I have a few favorite healthy things and this is one that I love! And, HOORAY! Costco is now carrying this absolutely awesome rice in bulk so that I can have it in my storage. I really believe that you've got to put stuff you like in your storage and pantry.. or it never gets used.

I've made a couple of mistakes that way, which if you do.. you can make a complete save by donating the stuff you don't love to your local food bank. Maybe it's someone's favorite? You never know.


I told C that this was a major shopping triumph. He didn't really smile as big as I'd hoped or give me a medal or anything so I told him he wasn't excited enough about it.. He said in true Eeyore fashion, "I'm excited on the inside." Hmmm. :)

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that excited on the inside! I think my man does that too. I agree, this family is never going to grind wheat and eat kidney beans! Love a find like that!

kari and kijsa said...

Love it! We must be made of diet coke as well!! Teehee!! Love a great find!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Circe said...

I can just see C being excited on the inside! Isn't that how he usually gets excited? :)
Yippee, I'm so excited I won! I talked to Jennie about the color and we thought blue was pretty, but you can decide, because they are all so gorgeous! See ya thurs!

Natasha Burns said...

hilarious, excited on the inside! such a hubby thing to say isn't it!

Jan said...

That shall go wonderful in our storage. Thanks for pointing this one out. I am so focused on our food storage right now. I am excited about finds like this. Thanks Tiff.

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the brown rice tip. We hardly ever eat any other type of rice. And, although it takes longer to cook the taste is worth it!

Cherry xoxox

ellie said...

I shall remember that comment next time my husband doesn't think I'm showing enough enthusiasm over a new bit of farm machinery !! Great !! I love your Easter pictures and bunny boxes ! Happy Days, Ellie

Janice said...

I love Lundberg rice and I always shell out the $4 for a small bag at my grocery store. Good news!

allison said...

True Eeyore fashion...ha, ha! I laughed out loud.