Friday, February 01, 2008

Sleuthing...

Little c is addicted. She loves Nancy Drew. She goes through one every 2-3 days, which is mostly really great except at bedtime... it's never really a good time to put down a mystery. And, parenting is so confusing. I wonder if I should just be grateful she's reading, or should I encourage her to banch out a bit... we tend to OCD a bit around here? You know there are 175 Nancy Drews the last I checked. But mostly it's great, because Nancy is a good example of someone who is gracious and polite, kind and generous, confident and appropriate. We could use more of that in every kind of children's entertainment.

7 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

I think my Abigail and little c would get along fabulously. We are constantly getting calls from our town library saying "The book you requested is in" and I have no idea what they're referring to --- until Abby tells me it's another Nancy Drew book. I've never even read ONE of them - can you believe it? I was more into Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables. She did just read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe which was no small miracle! Go Nancy!!! (Hey, it could be worse!!!)

Shauna said...

Just let her read, read, read, read. Look at my Curt. He read every Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, all the classics, and anything he could get his hands on. Just scored 730 on the GMAT! His love of reading has served him well is so many areas of his life.

love.boxes said...

Shauna, I'm convinced! :)

Michelle said...

Brittany loves them too although she really prefers the old ones like the ones in your photo to the ones they have re-vamped for the new generation. We are still waiting for last summer's movie version to come out on dvd. Have you seen it anywhere?

allison said...

Little c has very good taste. And we are definitely OCD around here, too. I knew I liked you! Love the new banner...very festive!

Circe said...

OCD is good when it comes to Nancy Drew. Besides, there are only about 68 REAL Nancy Drew books. The rest were written by somebody else. I could tell that in 4th grade, when I was doing exactly what little c is doing now! When she finishes Nancy Drew, you'll have to do a little sleuthing of your own to find the books from the Dana Girls mystery series, also written by "Carolyn Keene. " I used to search for them at Sam Weller's in the basement!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

You're right: there are definitely worse things to be addicted to than Nancy Drew :)