Monday, February 25, 2008

The Dresses...


I watch the Oscars for the dresses. The only movies that were up for awards that I had actually seen were August Rush and Enchanted. So I didn't know much about the films that were nominated.
I always watch for Nicole Kidman. I love her style. She always looks so elegant to me. Her dresses have been my favorite for a few years running. And, she makes everything more beautiful because she has the gracious manners like Grace Kelly & Audrey Hepburn.
I also love the dresses that Helen Mirren and Rene Zellweger wore. Beautiful.
Which dress was your favorite?
This photo came from JustJared who had lots of great photos of the red carpet.

11 comments:

Janice said...

I love color and was hoping to see more strong color statements. I loved Jenifer Garner's black dress.

Janice said...

Oh and Heidi Klum's dress was spectacular but I am still trying to figure out why she was there.

Jan said...

I always like Jennifer Garner. She just seems nice.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I also love Nicole Kidman. She's gorgeous - though maybe needs to go easy on the Botox so her face can move more. I have issues with Renee Zellweger's pouty "smile" thing she's doing lately. Loved Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Garner and Heidi Klum's looks... I am amazed at what some people chose - like that Tilda Swinton (?!?) I would fire her stylist after last night.
(Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the matter ;)

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I missed it! I didn't even realize until last night when we got home from dinner, that it had come and gone. Oh well. I haven't seen that many movies this year anyway :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Nicoles dress was beautiful. She always looks so elegant.
Alison

Shauna said...

I loved all the red! Helen Miran was so classy.. and she was covered up!

Michelle said...

I want to be Helen Mirren when I am older. Heck I would like to be her now! she looked fantastic. I liked Nicole too. I missed Renee. I love the blond girl from Grey's Anatomy, can't remember her name. She always looks like old Hollywood to me. I didn't know the movies this year either but I love to watch the dresses too.

Leigh said...

I didn't watch, but I love that dress Nicole has on in your pic!

Lei said...

I agree - she has such timeless beauty! Unfortunately I did not get to watch last night.

Anonymous said...

Oh Nicole! Such style and class!

Great post!