Friday, February 22, 2008

Bunnies.. Bunnies & Eggs...

Did you know that Easter is on March 23rd this year?!? I did not until this morning. I was getting to the eggs and bunnies, but did not realize that I started behind. And then, today is an ugly gray sort of day... the kind of day that I would like to crawl back into the covers with a lot of chocolate and book and just stay put until the sun comes back out.
I love the film Groundhog Day.. have I mentioned that 63 times already? I love the line written by the brilliant team of Rubin & Ramis, "Winter, slumbering in the open air, wears on his smiling face a dream of spring." I know it's coming, I know it is.. and I know am horrid to be in any way ungrateful because it really has been one of the prettiest winters that I ever remember. And, we got all this great snow... water for our gardens... an answer to a million prayers around here. But, I feel like c is jumping up and down on the top of my head. She needs to go nuts in the back yard and be loud and run hard. And, I am aching to see daffodils and tulips like never before I have spring fever soooo bad!
I think I will look up Frost's poem Mud Time ( I think that's what it's called). I am listening to a great read on tape, It's All Over But the Shoutin' an autobiography by Rick Bragg of the New York Times. It's really great writing even if it goes along too much with the sad gray clouds. So, I'm springing up the studio and the shop while I listen... look for eggs and chicks and bunnies to be appearing as fast as I can crank them out. There are a few eggs and things already and the daffodils have already bloomed over there.

16 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I love the fluffy wittle bunnies! We used to have rabbits when I was growing up :)

Spring is around the corner, and soon everyone will be bursting out into the sun.......and you won't want to paint!

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh! Tif! You are so dang smart. I love the bunny candy egg one. I love the middle one especially but I like having the variety of the bunny facing front and turned to the side. So cute! Are you going to do more?

Amy said...

As a child, I always thought those cute hollowed out egg scenes were so magical. Way to capture the scene on a lovebox! I'm with you on wanting spring to come quickly. I felt like we had a nice long fall and I was ready for winter (and I hate to be ungrateful for the snow), but I'm ready for warm and sun and flowers!

allison said...

I can't agree with you on Spring. I'm still soaking up Winter. I love it. We're snowed in right now and I can't think of anything better. But, I can totally agree with you about these holidays popping up so quickly this year! St. Patty's, First Day of Spring, and Easter will happen in the same week! I just love these boxes. You are so talented.

Michelle said...

I love the bunnies sooooo much! Are they bigger boxes or just shot closer? Love them! and the eggs too of course, but that really is a great new idea!

Janice said...

The first love boxes I ever ordered were the Easter ones and I LOVE THEM! All of your stuff is beautiful but for some reason, the Easter ones really struck a cord with me and everyone who came into my house asked me about them. I need to order some more.

Alison Gibbs said...

Tiff they are so pretty.
Alison

Jan said...

Love them. So fresh and springy. It made me feel warmer on such a cold day.

Shauna said...

So cute!
It seems like Easter is tomorrow.
I love seeing spring out there when I visit in April. We dont get the bulb flowers too much here so seeing tulips and daffodills come up out of the ground is such a treat.

Leigh said...

Oh my, those are just the cutest goodies! I love Easter!!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Tiff - those boxes are gorgeous. Hang in there - winter WILL end (we just got a foot of snow yesterday here...) SOMEday!!!

ellie said...

Beautiful boxes ! Perfect for Easter, you are so clever ! I love Groundhog Day too. Best Wishes, Ellie

Circe said...

Oh, the bunnies! I love 'em! With Easter coming so early, we'd better not wish our time away, or it will all be over too soon. But I'm with you...a big blue sky would be nice! Until then, I'll keep tuning into your blog to cheer me.

GeNee said...

I love the bunny peek a boo eggs. Sophia, Max,Josh and I dyed Easter Eggs today. Jenni and Josh are working on a big project for school about engines and cars.

Anonymous said...

Every time you post pictures of your work my mouth waters. You are so good with colour and detail. I LOVE LoveBoxes.

Have a wonderful week my darling.

Cherry xxoxoxoxo

Sandy McTier Designs said...

So pretty!
I'm so ready for Spring to get here!!
Have a fabulous week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)