Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President & Sister Hinckley...


It took me awhile to find this photo. It's one of my favorites. It was taken by Gerry Avant of the Deseret Morning News and is a photo of President and Sister Hinckley as they are greeted in China.
What an amazing legacy they have left for the world. They will be dearly missed.
I wanted to share something he said, "Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity. Believe that you can do it-- whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent." ~President Gordon B. Hinckley
Find out more about President Hinckley and the Mormon Faith here.

8 comments:

zabrina said...

Oh, when you started the post, saying about the president, I thought about Bush. Where is Bush? Then continuing reading...
It's true, I agree with that. We must believe. Negative thinking is no good.
I know a brazilian lady that lives in AZ and another girl that is in Utah and they are from the same church of yours. They are very nice people!!!
I like the banner you made showing your work, looks very attractive. How is Etsy for you lately? Are you liking there?
I am linking to your blog next movement I make on my layout.
And yes, that is my new hair cut.
Xoxo!

love.boxes said...

Thank you for your kind words Zee. I always find a bright spot when I visit with you.

Cathi said...

I love that photo! This is the first time I've seen it. Just look at President Hinckley's smile. I love the quote too. thank you so much for posting.

Circe said...

Thanks you for that inspiring comment. Words to live by. If President Hinkley knows I'm amazing, it must be true! PS...I love Hello Kitty, too!

Circe said...

I used that same picture on my blog...Sorry to copy! :) You know I love China!

Mrs Abbott said...

Thanks for your post! I have been wondering if you were LDS, ever since I found out that you live in Utah, but now I know! I am LDS too, and I was so saddened to hear of President Hinckley's passing away. He was 97, so it was a good thing, but it ends an era of my life!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

What uplifting words!

GeNee said...

We will miss him so much. Grandpa says they are doing a piece about him on 60 minutes this Sunday. It has been so fun to see all the pictures of him. I particularly liked the interview with Ruth Todd on Good Things Utah this week. He was a little younger then and looked so good.