Monday, January 14, 2008

National Treasure Book of Secrets...

National Treasure Book of Secrets is so much like the original, the writing isn't very tight and the character development doesn't exactly make sense and there is one part where I swear they were writing the film to go one direction and then went another, (because actors reactions don't make sense in that spot)... I still have to say that I really liked this film. It was just fun. Helen Mirren is great in the film. It's a good escape from the depressing weather we sometimes have this time of year.

6 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi there!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I see we have the movie "Slipper and the Rose" in common! I loved that movie when I was young... still do! Your boxes are beautifu and pink is a great color for you!!

Take care,

Holly

Michelle said...

Thanks for the review! I love Helen Mirren, might see it just for her!

Amy said...

Tiffany,

This isn't really about "Book of Secrets", but I wondered that of all the books that you read and reviewed last year if you had one or two that you would recommend as a good book club pick? It will be my turn here sometime and I'm reading a few of your selections, but wondered if there was one that strikes you as a really good "discussion" book.

love.boxes said...

Amy .. how about I tell you my two favorite novels of all time.. Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner (a great Utah writer!) and Gilead by Marilyn Robinson. I think both of those would make for great discussion.

SSWS said...

I liked this movie too....it was a good escape from all the serious issues that surround us! And not to sound shallow, but I really liked her wardrobe!! Tiff, I second the books Crossing to Safety (one of my all time favorites) and I loved Gilead...I think I'm going to read Nicholas Nickelby based on your recommendation.

Amy said...

Many thanks. I'm planning a trip to the library this week!