Friday, January 04, 2008

The Founders on Religion...

My brother gave me the marvelous book for Christmas. While the founders of the United States wanted a there to be a separation of church and state, they framed this goverment for a religious and moral people. This is a subject that interests me and I have written about before here.
"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams
"No Man has a more perfect Reliance on the alwise, and powerful dispensations of the Supreme Being that I have nor think his aid more necessary." George Washington
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." Thomas Jefferson
This is a book to buy for your library.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I have wanted this book! Thanks for the input! I am sure I will enjoy it!

B-Blogit said...

I want to read this book. His book "1776" is most excellent. Give great history and helps you learn a lot about George Washington and other soliders and founding fathers!
My dad met him on an airplane one.