Monday, January 07, 2008

Be Mine...

I love holidays so much and none more that Christmas. So when we spend Twelfth Night (last night) taking down the tree and burning the house's twinkle lights one last time, I finish it off by putting up the Valentines. It keeps me from being sad. I like New Year's resolutions too. It's kind of dark around here in the winter time and sometimes the inversion (which we haven't had much of thank heavens!) can bee a real downer. So, I like to make lots of plans and have fun things in my head to look forward too. And, I have to send C fishing and get him out in the sun for a bit, that's all it takes to keep him happy. He's pretty easy to please; I'm lucky that way.

8 comments:

Sabina said...

That's what I need to do - great idea!!

Sabina ~ barefoot in the orchard

P.S.
I just finally took down our decorations today.

Michelle said...

Soooo pretty and we received an awesome package today! Exactly what she needed! Thank you so much!

Alison Gibbs said...

Tiffany.It does look a bit bare when we take down our christmas decorations. Now i am on the hunt for some Valentines pretties.
Alison

Circe said...

I think your style is perfect. I'm already planning Ruby's b-day, Valentines and Chinese New Year and...I hate to admit this one...Xanthe's Play-Doh birthday party in April! Like you said, it keeps away the winter blues! Another thing I love to do is go up to Park City, above the inversion.

BumbleVee said...

My tree is still up... but will take it down one day this week. I, too, love the sparkly lights...and since I have Russian, Serbian and Ukrainian friends we leave it up in honour of their special day....which is today.

I would probably leave it up for a few more weeks if nobody complained...

love.boxes said...

Park City does wonders during the inversion!

Cathi said...

Tiffany, I love the twelve night idea. I'd love to incorporate that idea into our celebration next year.
Thanks for stopping by my Project Noah post. You mentioned living on rice and beans. Another simple addition is Krusteaz pancake mix. All it needs is water. So easy and good too!
What do you have for little boys on Valentine's Day? Boys love little boxes to keep treasures in.

love.boxes said...

I think my deep red hearts work for boys, but if not.. there is a beige elephant and a blue elephant box and there are some simple white stars on blue fields and boys love my spin tops.