Sunday, December 09, 2007

Enchanted...


This movie is darling and I can't wait to see it again. However, I have one beef. Why can't a Disney movie for kids be G rated and deserve the rating. There is some mild innuendo and a towel scene that while very mild just don't need to be in a movie for children at all. It certainly didn't add to my enjoyment of the film.
Still, the writing is cute. Bill Kelly did a great job. The film mostly refrains from the really cheep and gross Shrekesque humor that I really believe kids don't need. There is real writing the script is pretty tight.
The film would have flopped without Amy Adams who plays the very naive, but sweet Giselle straight up. She is amazingly believable and has a dynamite voice.
Be prepared for a full dance number in the middle and about 15 minutes to get the story set up, but I even think husbands can handle this family movie because it really has some clever humor throughout.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I think we definitely are putting this on our list of post-nutcracker things to do. Have I reminded you lately how wise you were not to encourage that?

Diane Duda said...

JOsh is going to see this on Friday with his school. He was acting as though he was too cool to see it, but when he wanted to stay home from school today I reminded him it was the last day to turn in his movie money. He made the last minute decision to go to school. :)

Amy said...

I've been waiting for weeks for your review of this film! Thanks. My kids are a bit young to sit through it, but I wanted to go with my hubby and was concerned it was too cheesy. I hope he likes it as much as I will!

Sabina said...

I will put it on on movie list!! Thanks so much!!

allison said...

I've been wanting to see this with a girlfriend. I'm not sure my husband would go for it, but maybe I'll share your review with him!

allison said...

The Travel Box arrived today and it is soooo beautiful. I can't thank you enough. Your talent is endless.

Michelle said...

Hey, I am looking for a movie reccomendation for Brittany for Christmas. Thinking about Thoroughly modern millie. Any other reccommendatios?

love.boxes said...

Millie would be perfect... you might also consider An American in Paris and Singin' in the Rain... I also love Harvey with Jimmy Stewart, but she might not get that one yet?

Michelle said...

Did you like Akeelah and the bee? I was thinking of that one too. Love the American suggestion, we really liked Singin in the rain. Thanks!