Friday, November 30, 2007

Wrapped and Shipped...




I like to wrap the boxes in this shred and then in tissue so that they arrive in perfect condition. Then, I take them all packaged cute to the post office. My post office has employed one or two guys that like to be funny. Last time I was at the post office, I told the postman that my package was fragile (I wanted him to put that orange sticker on it) and he asked me if I'd wrapped it properly. I told him that I thought so. He held that package above his head and asked me if I would be comfortable if he dropped it (I am not making this up). "Not really comfortable," I said. He told me I should probably re-pack it. Then he told me that my box would be stacked under other boxes up to weights of 70 pounds. It's a miracle they all don't arrive "schmooshed" (this ought to be a technical postal term). So, I told him that I was in a rush and I had to ship it now and I asked him if rather than a "fragile" sticker, I could get one that said, "place on top" and "only toss underhand". But, I'm putting more peanuts in the box next time for sure.

5 comments:

Circe said...

You are so funny! I bet the guys at the post office love you! It's fun to have someone around who has a sense of humor. Love the new boxes!! I happen to know that your boxes are extremely durable, because just yesterday, a child who shall remain nameless decided to toss them all over the railing to the basement. And they all survived. I'm still trying to recover, however!

Michelle said...

You crack me up! I agree that schmooshed should be a postal term as I have received things in that condition, although never anything from you!

Anonymous said...

I love the monogrammed boxes. Very cute! And those post office people have got to have a sense of humor to endure the long hours they put in during this time of year, I guess.

love.boxes said...

Amen Paige.

Jen said...

Your boxes are adorable!