Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Summer at Tiffany...


Has anyone read this book? I hate to be the first, not that I'm the first, but you know I really like the recommendations of a friend before I read a book. I don't like to waste time reading lack luster literature of any kind. The last book I read on tape... (Big Sigh). Just horrid. I won't mention the title just in case someone we know is the author, and yet I kept reading because I had nothing else. How could someone make such a mess of a book about the South, which is such and interesting place? If the author had said the word atebellum even once more... I was going to have to write a long letter of complaint.
I saw this book, Summer at Tiffany while browsing through Barnes & Noble and you can see the cover has quite a lot of appeal. On the back of the book it explains that the book was written about a summer the author spent working at Tiffany's durring WW11.
Anyway, if you've heard anything... let me know.

6 comments:

Janice said...

I haven't read it but now you have got me interested. I am going to see if my library has it.

Michelle said...

I checked my library, they should have it for me in a couple of days, I'll let you know!

Alison Gibbs said...

Ok Tiffany, I know why you picked that book. It has to be the Title and the Shabby Chic colour. It will make a pretty coffee table book if it is a bad read!!
Alison

love.boxes said...

You got me Alison.. but the dresses and the elegance of the time period ... it's all so romantic. :)

amber {daisy chain} said...

I say give it a shot. The cover is inviting, and sometimes you really can judge a book by it's cover!

Janice said...

My copy of it just arrived at the "hold" section of my library. I read a few reviews on-line that were mostly positive. However, it sounds like it is very sentimental, which is not a bad thing, but a few felt it just brushed over the harsh realities of WWII.