Monday, November 19, 2007

The Sugar Plum Fairy & The Toy Soldier...

Every year as a family tradition, we go to see The Nutcracker. We love to do this, even C who loves everything Christmas. It's funny though how each time we go it captures little c's imagination in a different way. I always ask her if she were in it, what part she would like to play and then she asks me (my answer never changes, I want to be the snowflake princess). Little c has always wanted the really big parts too. She wanted to be Clara and then She wanted to be The Sugar Plum Fairy. But this year, when I asked, I was amused to find that in her heart of hearts, she really wants this year to be the soldier "that gets to shoot the Mouse King". Little c has had a super-hero complex going for awhile now, so I guess this fits.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, I really miss Clytie's nutcracker! For one thing we would be done now instead of not even have started! I love that she wants to be the solider! Hey I finished one of the new girls, tell me what you think?

Shauna said...

Im with her on the Sugar Plum fairy. This is one of our fun traditions, also.

Alison Gibbs said...

What a wonderful family tradition.
Alison

Amy said...

My daughter is a little young to fully appreciate the Nutcracker. I am so excited for the next year or two when we will be able to take her. We were able to find a pop-up picture book of the Nutcracker at DI, and it's been so fun to introduce her to the Christmas magic.