Monday, November 26, 2007

Mexican Paper Flowers...


I like to decorate my tree with Mexican Paper Flowers, but every year I think maybe not this year. Paper flowers don't save well from year to year. You can save them. When I used to do a crepe-paper flower tree (which was just insanity) the flowers were good for about 3 years in a row. I just love the way it looks when it's finished I guess, because I can't stop myself even though making the flowers has ceased to be fun and I find myself in envy of people who get their decorations out of a box (what a great idea!). We tend to be a bit Christmas crazy around here. Well, I still need to make the orange flowers and when I get them up.. I'll show you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love MEXICAN paper flowers!!!!! Maybe you need just a small little tree full of paper flowers?? If you don't want to make a whole hug one full??? xxo (my mom puts up three trees!! can you imagine???)

Janice said...

Wow! I bet your tree looks spectacular.

Michelle said...

I am going to miss your tree! Great pictures!

Alicia said...

When I was little, I remember you had a pink one of these in your room. I loved it and probably touched it so much I messed it up. You just don't know how it feels to worship an older sister since you are the oldest. But let me tell you, it is fun. I know I was a pain taking your room apart when you were at school, but I would not have done that if I didn't absolutely adore you! I love you Tif!

Michelle said...

I borrowed a love box picture hope it is okay!

allison said...

These flowers are stunning. I've never seen them in person, but I'll keep my eyes open for one this year.

R-Eight said...

I love making these flowers and not just at Christmas. I use them any time I need to make a big statement and I only have a small budget.
P.S. Love your blog.