Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Canadian Geese & Marching Bands...


I'm sorry these aren't very good pictures. I think I was in one of those moods yesterday where nothing was going to spoil my bliss. The story is that our local High School puts on a marching band competition every year. It's a big event. Somehow, although I just adore marching bands, I have never been to this before. It was fantastic! ... except for a couple of things #1 we were sadly under dressed for such an event. It was really cold. #2 not only was it cold the rain was pouring in sheets out of the sky (I felt so badly for the poor flag girls whose mascara was running and whose hair was stringing not to mention they were soaked and freezing cold) #3 a ginormous Canadian goose pooped on my coat. :(
Can I tell you that none of these things bothered me or little c and her cousins. We were out to have a good time and we were not about to let Satan and all his goose angels stop us. We had so much fun. I can't wait to go again next year. We had packed a really fun picnic of apple juice and donuts and turkey sandwiches (take that birdies). Thank heavens our picnic was long finished before the goose showed up. When he showed up, I just took that coat off (it's now been washed 3 times) and ran quickly home for more coats and fleece blankies. We only had to leave because it started raining so hard that our bums all got soaked too. But really what a great night. How about that last band right before we left... huge band... in purple uniforms all playing Ray Charles! I'm never missing this event again.

9 comments:

allison said...

Ha! The turkey sandwiches...that's funny! Sounds like it was a fantastic event. How great that it happens each year.

Shelese said...

Oh Tiffany, you're the best! Thanks for the good laugh out loud. ... all his goose angels!! ha! So true!

Amy said...

Oh, I love community secrets like the HS Marching Band. I'm so glad you took advantage! I'm sorry about the poopy coat. Goose poop reeks to high heaven. I hope it came clean. Thanks for the laugh!

Michelle said...

YOu cracked me up! Take that birdies! Only you could get poooped on by a goose--didn't a seagull get you once too? I miss my mountains in those pictures! Sounds like lots of fun!

Shauna said...

This sounds so fun. You reminded me of the times I got attacked by bird poo at the zoo, the beach, and the safari park all in one week! Yikes

GeNee said...

That was really fun and thanks for the beautiful little lunches. Jake loved going up and down the stairs.

love.boxes said...

Shauna, you and I better start carrying umberellas... they are after us.

Michelle, the Seagull did not get me.. I got him, but that's another story. I'll tell you tomorrow.

Purple mountains majesty.. don't you think? I always think that.

Shelese said...

i always think purple mountains majesty too... oh how i miss the mountains!

BumbleVee said...

Well, of course, being a Canuck, I had to scroll back through your posts to find the goose one. lol

Geese peep is almost big enough to cause severe damage if falling from height .... good thing your were not injured!

They are lovely birds, but really, one does wish they could inhabit only wild marshy areas where we don't have to play or watch marching bands..etc...

We have to drive them off the tee box with our clubs at some local golf courses and let me tell you... they are BIG when you are standing right beside one...and vicious too ... a wing span of 6 feet is not unusual. If they nail you, it causes plenty of pain and bruising.... then to add insult to injury, you have to tromp through piles of you-know-what in your lovely new spikes just to get off the tee and wonder what is that horrible smell for 3 more holes....sigh.....