Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Brownies...

I love chocolate and if I ever suffer a heart attack... these brownies will be mostly to blame...
It's hard not to just schlurp up the batter when they are in this stage because they smell so good.
These are the secrets. The Semi-Sweet Baker's chocolate makes them a milk chocolate brownie... and almost anything worth baking deserves really good Mexican Vanilla... I like this kind pretty well and it's available around here, which is important. I consider this batter the background and sometimes I have them plain....
... and somtimes I add a ton of junk in... like this batch has walnuts and Guittard chocolate inside. Mint is also good. Mint frosting is good. Light frosting with a toasted almond on each tiny square makes them fancy for parties. This is an 8X8X2, but the recipes doubles easily for a 9X13. We forgot we were putting these on the blog and took some bites first before we took the picture. Ooooops.
The recipe...
1/2 cup butter
2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. good Mexican Vanilla
3/4 cup flour
Melt butter & chocolate over low heat. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour. Spread batter into greased 8X8X2 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. (the time is going to depend on your oven... don't over bake)
It's a simple recipe. Little c can pretty much make them herself after helping me make two big batches for a church social tonight.

8 comments:

allison said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love that you did some sampling before taking photos. So cute.

Michelle said...

What a cute baker!

Shauna said...

I might have a heart attack just from reading this... yummmmmm!

ellie said...

Oh no !!!....How could you !!! I'm on a diet !!! AHHHHGGGGG!!! They look soooo yummy !!!!

Amy said...

The fans are still raving about your chicken enchilada recipe. I can't wait to try this one!

P.S. I want hair like your daughters'! It's so pretty!

marta said...

mmm. i can smell them from here. delicious. love brownies. is there anything better!?

Cathi said...

Tiffany,
You don't know me but I've been reading your blog for some time now. I'm a friend of Shauna's and of course she has you on her list of good reading.
Taking a few bites of the Brownies only made them look even more sinfully delicious.
Cathi in California

GeNee said...

Your the best brownie maker by far.