Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Quotes I Love Today...

The entire object of true education, is to make people not merely do the right thing, but to enjoy right things; not merely industrious, but to love industry; not merely learned, but to love knowledge. John Ruskin

The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the prompting of a brave, determined spirit. Mark Twain

What distinguishes a great artist from a weak one is first their sensibility and tenderness; second, their imagination, and third, their industry. Salman Rushdie

5 comments:

allison said...

I really like the John Ruskin quote. I just wrote it down in my journal. Thanks!

Shauna said...

All three are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

How funny! I posted a John Ruskin quote on my blog just yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Those are all great quotes!

Anonymous said...

Profound.