Friday, June 15, 2007

Pretty Pink Petunia...

Petunias are amazing these days. The no longer need "dead-heading" (which does not mean that they have to be restricted from following a certain band), they spread all over with a little Mircacle Grow and they pile up in a petunia pouf by the middle of July. I love some of the trailing varieties which people are using for window boxes and hanging baskets... I used to hate the poor common petunia, but now it's a favorite as it really works for the Granny Chic garden I'm going for. It's just a lot of color for your money.

5 comments:

Janice said...

I just planted some double ruffle pink ones in my yard and they are so beautiful! I love Petunias.

Carey said...

I like these flowers too, I bought dark purple ones.

Michelle said...

I agree, I didn't used to like them either and now I plant them every year!

Shelese said...

very pretty, that sure is a lot of color. How fun.

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Hmm, I'll have to see if we have enough sun at our new house. I've never bought petunias, prob because our last house had almost all shade.

You make me want to try, though :)