Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mexican Treasure...


This is my own piece of treasure from Mexico. C brought it back to me from Mexico and gave it to me as a gift on our wedding day. I think that it is incredibly beautiful. C is good at presents when he sets his mind to it. :)
To end Good Things from Mexico week... I would like to share a poem by probably the most famous literary figure from Mexico... Octavio Paz who seems as you read about him to have been everything but the kitchen sink. He was both political and literary. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1990.
Between Going and Staying

Between going and staying the day wavers,
in love with its own transparency.
The circular afternoon is now a bay
where the world in stillness rocks.
All is visible and all elusive,
all is near and can't be touched.
Paper, book, pencil, glass,
rest in the shade of their names.
Time throbbing in my temples repeats
the same unchanging syllable of blood.
The light turns the indifferent wall
into a ghostly theater of reflections.
I find myself in the middle of an eye,
watching myself in its blank stare.
The moment scatters.
Motionless, I stay and go: I am a pause

2 comments:

Alicia said...

The detail on this piece is so beautiful.

Michelle said...

wmfw@msn.comI have loved good things from mexico week, you made me appreciate the lovely country a little more, as you do so many things!