Friday, May 25, 2007

Lilacs...

I didn't get any pictures of lilacs myself this year. With temps in the nineties, they lasted only a couple of days, but my dad sent me this great shot. Thanks Dad!
Here's a couple of quotes that I liked this week...
Quietude, which some men cannot abide because it reveals their inward poverty, is as a palace of cedar to the wise, for along its hallowed courts the King in his beauty deigns to walk.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon, 1834-1892
Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Emerson
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Shauna said...

A Beautiful photo!!! I miss lilacs! Amazing quotes!

Michelle said...

Pretty, pretty! I can almost smell them!

Travelin'Oma said...

Thanks to much for visiting my blog! Come again!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely flowers and the thought provoking quotes. I enjoyed them both.

God bless the country this weekend and help us all to be especially mindfull of those who have gone before us, paying the ultimate price for our freedoms and a prayer for those who continue to do so.

GeNee said...

My lilac bush looks pretty good in that picture.

love.boxes said...

You are so right Mom!

Amen. Skewedview

Alicia said...

I was sad that we didn't have more of the lilacs this year.

ellie said...

I love lilac, Sweden is in bloom with them at the moment. My idea of heaven would be a garden full of lilac and other sweet smelling plants. I'm painting lilac flowers at the moment, I have to paint them every year !

allison said...

Lilacs are my favorite. I love that your Dad sent you the photo! How very sweet!

Shel/Nate/Anipals said...

Oh, lilacs are the best! He got a great shot.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that pure truth! It must be in us, or how will one ever even see it? I love that....xxo

Shelese said...

gorgeous lilac GeNee!! I hope the ones I planted turn out that pretty someday.

beautiful quotes, tiff. I love Quietude. I hope that means I don't have any inward poverty... what a nice thought.