Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I love ribbons...


I love ribbons and I collect them in an attempt to always have the perfect ribbon for every project. I learned from Alexandra to buy ribbon by the bolt. It is much less expensive that way. I purchase many of my ribbons through this site . JkM Ribbon & Trim has all the basics and beyond. The prices are really good on some items and less impressive on others. Put your order in a good 3 weeks in advance of when you need it. Shipping is slow.

Most people don't go through ribbon like I do and can use this trick to save time and money. Find a wrap that you love on a large roll. Our local Ben Franklin is now selling large rolls of Xpedx papers for about $10. Choose a paper that is gender neutral, ie. without fire engines or ballerinas and then buy a 50-100 yard bolt of grosgrain ribbon in a solid color. This way you have created a signature wrap for the year and have all of your birthdays, weddings, etc. covered. JKM sells grosgrain ribbon on bolts 1.5 inches by 50 yards for $13.60 in every color you could dream of.

To make packages more personal, just add a personalized gift tag. This can save on last minute trips to the store and ribbons purchased 3 yards at a time, which is almost always a huge waste of money.

Best Wishes... Tiffany

4 comments:

Jenni said...

ah ha, so that is your secret...

Shelese said...

Okay, I'm loving this post!
Thanks for the tips!
You have the cutest wrapped gifts around.

Serendipity said...

You posted on my blog a few days back about Alexandra Stoddard...
Don't you just love all of her ideas? She really is amazing.

I love your 'gift wrap for the year' idea..

Now I need to know what a love box is...

everything pink! said...

found your blog from Cristin.
if you are ever in maryland you must hit the ribbon outlet.
Cristin's sister told me about it. i had ordered of JKM forever and this place is amazing. I have some ribbon sites on my side bar. great boxes!