Saturday, May 05, 2007

Viva Mexico!

I have never been to Mexico and it is one of the places that I would dearly love to visit. My husband served his LDS Mission there and passed to me a great affinity for Mexican food, culture and people.
I made these boxes several years ago and they are the boxes we set out for our Cinco de Mayo celebration at home. Inside the lid of the large one is a portion of a favorite poem by the poet Francisco De Quevedo, "My soul won't leave its memory of love..."
The second box has a quote by Benito Juarez, the man who led Mexico to independece from French occupation... the reason Cinco de Mayo is celebrated, "Respect for the rights of others is peace."
During the coming week, I would like to share with you a few of my favorites from Mexico...

8 comments:

ellie said...

What beautiful boxes ! Lovely colours of Mexico. I quite agree with you about Kipper ( previous blog). Also how sad it is that children are being influenced by bad behaviour and bad language these days, seem to think it's cool ? Sadly it's not just the children either !

Michelle said...

I always think of you and big c on cinco de mayo, you always seem to have a fun celebration

Shelese said...

yahoo Mexico! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I loved your Day of the Dead post a while back so I know they will be so cool to read.

Lynn said...

Found a link to you on Tola's blog. Your boxes are lovely, and I totally agree about Alison Krauss. I have that CD on my wishlist. I feel the same about Emmylou Harris. Such fun to listen to them, and bless them, they both sing in my range, so it's easy to sing along. Have loved Alexandra Stoddard's books for years and own most of them.

love.boxes said...

Lynn, nice to meet you! :)

Allysha said...

those are beautiful!

Jackie said...

Wow, these are new and different. I like them - so beautiful. Love love love the cards Rach gave me. Thanks for all Tiff!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

These look Very Mexico!