Monday, November 20, 2006

My Kokeshi Dolls...

I spent most of Saturday figuring out how to make these dolls and they are so easy.

Ingred:
Candle Cups 7/8" with 22.2 mm hole
Doll Head / Knob 1-1/4" (31.8mm)
Screws 8X1.5" (I believe... take the pieces to the hardware store and see what works)

Paint
Varnish

I am so excited about these little dolls, I am hoping to be able to do an Activity Days spent making these dolls and having a little cultural history on the dolls and some Japanese Snacks including Grandma's Japanese Water Punch!
Best Wishes... Tiffany

7 comments:

Shelese said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited about them too, you are too good. They look so darling.

(oh and I love the color of your wall in the back ground too...I'm in the market for wall paint :)

Michelle said...

I Love! Love! Love! them! I can't believe you made that work! I am sad my birthday is over or I would beg for one! Way to go and thanks for the ingredients, just in case ambition strikes!

love.boxes said...

Sheesh,
Check out Benjamin Moore paints if you have them in your area. I always think they have the most beautiful clear colors.

Michelle, you can have one even if it's not your birthday. :)

liz said...

these are so cute!

Jenni said...

really impressive

Michelle said...

Did you paint thier heads before or after they were attatched?

love.boxes said...

Before. :)